A Guide to Crafting an Effective Data Management Plan – February 15th, 2024 9.00a.m. to 1.00 p.m. – online
Educators: de.NBI: Helena Schnitzer, Daniel Wibberg (CAU) | FAIRagro: Sophie Boße (ZB MED), Elena Rey Mazón (IPK), Wahib Sahwan (ZALF)
Have you ever wondered what research data management is all about? Why is it so important? What is special about managing data from agrosystem research? Then de.NBI and FAIRagro have created the perfect interactive training for you – a mix of presentations and interactive exercises!
More and more funders require the establishment of research Data Management Plans (DMPs) in order to distribute their grants. We will show you how a DMP can help to facilitate day-to-day work during the research project beyond the funding application. In just four hours, you will have the opportunity to learn how to translate research project proposals into appropriate DMPs. Data management experts will guide you through the basics of research data management, the do’s and don’ts, and how to improve the management of data produced in agrosystem research projects. Following a brief introduction to the research data lifecycle and the FAIR data principles, we will
- explore the concept of a data management plan (DMP) through interactive hands-on sessions.
- focus on agricultural data, such as soil data, geospatial data, genetic data, phenotypic data, sensor data and general field data.
- examine components, language, software and examples of DMPs.
- assess potential problems and solutions and self-evaluate a draft DMP for our own projects in alignment with the FAIR principles.
This workshop is for anyone working with agro-system science data, interested in active learning, and gaining skills in both research data management and writing DMPs.
– Know the research data life cycle.
– Know the FAIR principles and understand their importance.
– Know the expectations for a DMP.
– Be able to sketch a DMP.
– A computer with internet connection, a webcam, a microphone and a browser.
– No additional prerequisites required.
For registration please follow this link: https://bit.ly/3TjPk1l